J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies only collects uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services;
- Verifying the identity and the accuracy of personal information with government agencies, industry associations, or other Insurers;
- Analyzing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the laws or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators.
PRIVILEGE & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - Electronic Messages
Electronic mail or faxes and any files transmitted with them are confidential and may be privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately.
J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies relies on the following actions by our Brokers as indication of their consent from an Insured to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- The Broker has voluntarily requested personal information from an Insured for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product;
- The Broker has the Insured's implied consent when the Insured has engaged with J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies and it’s Brokers for purposes of securing insurance
- The Insured's consent is for a specified purpose;
- The Broker must inform J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies of any withdrawal of this consent by an Insured;
- The Broker may obtain the Insured's consent through the Insured's authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
If an Insured refuses to provide the Broker with certain Personal Information or withdraws their consent J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies may be unable to provide insurance coverage.
LIMITING COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
J.M Johnson Insurance Agencies and it’s Brokers will attempt to maintain the Insured's Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies will protect the Insured's Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND ACCESS
You may contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any Broker is not satisfied with J.M. Johnson Insurance Agencies response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, they may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.